- EPFL – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- ETH Zürich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- Università della Svizzera italiana
- University of Basel
- University of Bern
- University of Fribourg
- University of Geneva
- University of Lausanne
- University of Lucerne
- University of Neuchâtel
- University of St.Gallen (HSG)
- University of Zurich
THE TRADITIONAL UNIVERSITIES
- Five universities are located in German-speaking Switzerland (the universities of Basel, Lucerne, St.Gallen, Zurich and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zürich);
- Two are in bilingual cantons (the universities of Bern and Fribourg);
- Four are in French-speaking Switzerland (the universities of Geneva, Lausanne and Neuchâtel, as well as the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne); and
- One is in the Italian-speaking canton of Ticino (Università della Svizzera italiana).
Let's take a closer look to some of the universities:
Founded in 1855, it today offers researchers an inspiring environment and students a comprehensive education as one of the leading international universities for technology and the natural sciences.
From its foundation in 1853, the young engineering school has grown in many dimensions, to the extent of becoming one of the most famous institutions of science and technology.